HOW MANY PEOPLE DO I NEED TO REGISTER A TEAM?
- To paddle in the 2016 Dragon Boat races, you need a team of 20 paddlers plus one drummer. We will provide the steersperson. We generally suggest securing between 21 and 27 people per team in the event that some team members do not want to paddle all of the races - it's hard work!
HOW MANY PRACTICES are there BEFORE THE big RACE?
We provide one practice that is typically held on the weekend before the event. There are also two experienced teams that can be hired for additional training at a cost of $100 per practice.
WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION FEE COVEr?
- The registration fee for the event goes towards the cost of the boats, racecourse, electronic timekeeping and scoring, paddles, referees and administration.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED FOR THE RACES?
- We provide the boats, paddles, life jackets, timing, and steer people. You provide a team and a competitive spirit!
ARE T-SHIRTS PROVIDED OR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN?
- T-shirts are not provided but we do have a supplier who can provide discounted rates for participating teams.
IS THERE AN OFFICE I CAN GO TO AND GET MORE INFO ABOUT THE EVENT?
- The Dragon Boat Headquarters is located at 8177 Riverside Dr. East (corner of Riverside & Watson) N8S 1E5.. Stop by and we'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the festival! You can also drop off any registration documents and fees with us here. Click here for directions.
WHERE IS THE EVENT LOCATED?
- The Windsor Essex Dragon Boat Festival takes place every year at Lakewood Park in Tecumseh, ON. Click here for directions.
HOW CAN MY COMPANY BECOME A SPONSOR AT THE EVENT?
WHAT IS THE DRAGON VIEW GARDENS?
- Dragon View Gardens is a wonderful memorial garden that we hope will be a place to come and reflect on thoughts about, and memories with, people who have been affected by cancer. The Gardens will be at Lakewood Park, where the Festival is held, and will overlook Lake St. Clair. There is currently a granite dragon - a symbol of strength, courage, and peacefulness - that will be an extension of the gardens. More details will be announced this autumn.